Thursday, June 11, 2015

08. Katsuragi Mountain 葛城山

A day trip with my friend Tily and her flatmates to Katsuragi Mountain, which is about two hours of train of Kyoto. It was such a lovely day and I was really glad to be in the middle of "nowhere", enjoying nature and silence, away from the city.
We walked through the forest for hours, sometimes with difficulty (I was very slow, having an hard time breathing) before finally reaching the top and enjoying a good lunch and rest!


This post is going to be picture-heavy, but I hope you'll enjoy the walk!






The water here was crystal clear!







After more climbing, we arrived to a very mysterious part of the forest, with thick mist and long, black trees.. 


This picture is my favorite of the set. It's the top of the trees, but it reminds me of space. But I think I'm the only one seeing the ressemblance with a galaxy!






Then we finally reached the top, starting to see these famous pink flowers that were blooming at this season- and our first reason to go hiking here!




Tily Tily prepared delicious bentos (lunch boxes) ! 
Omelet, cherry tomatoes, carrot fondue and cucumber salad!
Everything was good and looked cute, she's very good at doing it.









But for going back we rode the cable car!




After this long day, delicious pizza party!



Thanks for reading! (Hope you're not too tired of nature pics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment